10 Important Print Marketing Statistics Every Business Should Know
Most businesses will have had conversations by now about their digital marketing plans for 2015. These plans will undoubtedly include social media strategies, an increase in targeted email responses, and a focus on mobile friendly websites. These have definitely proven to be successful marketing strategies in the past and there is no reason to believe they will not continue to be successful in 2015.
However, if the marketing plans for your business stop at digital marketing and do not include re-visiting your print marketing strategies, you are definitely missing the boat. Whether we realize it or not, print marketing remains as one of the most powerful tools businesses have to promote products and services.
To prove this, we share a list of 10 print marketing statistics that were originally shared on the Digital Marketing Ramblings website in September of 2014.
1. 79% of households say they read or at least glance over direct mail ads.
2. 39% of customers say they try a business for the first time because of direct mail advertising.
3. Direct mail marketing yields, on average, a 13 to 1 return on investment ratio.
4. 92% of young shoppers say they prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions.
5. Direct mail brings in 78% of donations for nonprofits.
6. For every $167 spent on direct mail, U.S. marketers sell $2,095 in goods.
7. Since 2004, direct mail marketing response rates have increased by 14%.
8. 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing.
9. 44% of customers visit a brand’s website after receiving either direct mail or print marketing.
10. 48% of people retain direct mail for future reference.
It is clear from these findings that the role of print marketing is still significant in today’s business world. If nothing else, businesses should be paying attention to these stats as they consider their overall marketing strategy. Maybe this does not mean that you give up on your mobile app strategy this year, but it could mean that you should consider a direct mail piece to announce the mobile app.
Most marketing professionals are in agreement that print marketing should definitely be used to support digital marketing. It is not a question of either or, but more about how to make them work together.
When you are ready to implement or step up your print marketing strategies, be sure to contact Printing Solutions to find out how we can help. We offer the services and products you need to be successful in marketing.